Key to any Disney Park for success:
- Get there 30-45 minutes ahead of time. If the park opens at 9 be there at 8:15 and include travel and park time. Seems brutal but worth it.
- You need to plan to do the 2-3 rides without Fast Passes in the early 2-3 hours of the park being open. Then you eat an early lunch and ride the rides during lunch when others are eating. You can also do this at Dinner time.
- Try and relax during the afternoon and make that more treat and snack driven
- Plan where you are going to do dinner - park? Or after Park - if so realize old people eat early and large in Florida - so getting anything from 5-8 pm at most places is impossible.
- This isn't about going for a Multi-Day stay on the park. It's about picking a park or two and doing them one day after the next. If you do 3-4 days the Magic Bands available are useful and fun for everyone to use.
- Don't waste your money on Park Hopper options for your tickets - just not worth it - stay in the park and enjoy it. They are only useful if you are trying to see things in the evenings or meeting people around the parks and not optimizing your day to day things to do.
Tickets can be purchased here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/
Also there are no DISCOUNTS on DISNEY TICKETS. None. If you live in Florida or California etc. you can get discounts but don't be a sucker and buy any tickets from anywhere other than Disney.
- Get there at least 45 minutes before open
- 9am - Watch park open show at Gates - then prepare to head to rides
- Rides to hit early - TOMORROWLAND
- Space Mountain
- Mining Cart Roller Coaster
- Buzz Lightyear
- 10am - 11am - pick a few rides and get there like Pirates and Thunder Mountain Railroad
- 12pm - eat something - Turkey Leg etc.
- 12:30-1:30 - go to Peter Pan etc.
- 2-5pm - Wander around - do Tom Sawyer - it should be plenty full of people
- 5pm - Eat
- 6pm - close - do what you want and ride the People Mover etc.
- Go home - get sleep - repeat
Spend your Fast Passes only on things hard to get into line later in the day.
- A New Ride?
- Space Mountain? Maybe or maybe not - the ride breaks often later in the day - use wisely
- Something you don't want to miss - Star Tours update?
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Splash Mountain
- Make sure and have app and get Fast Passes ahead after purchasing your tickets online.
- App available here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/mobile-apps/
- If you purchase at the parks each day - you can link tickets to app and get Fast Passes.
- The only way we found to activate the tickets was using them in the Park and linking them at the gate then using a KIOSK in the Park. Then after that the passes showed up in the APP.
- Each Ticket = a person and is tied to that person. It's confusing but really simple.
- Maybe if you buy tickets ahead and link them it will be easier and work perfectly.
Also - never go to a park that has extended hours at Disney. They are the fullest on those days.
Crowd Calendar is helpful: https://www.undercovertourist.